Jay Mentor’s Pecan Day Post prompted me to share one of my all-time favorite pies! Now-a-days, I just taste it, and pass the rest along because I am “not supposed to”eat some of the ingredients listed below. However, in the past, I did eat this pie often and I enjoyed it immensely every single time! Thank-you Jay for bringing up this fond memory of mine!
If you have not visited his site you should check it out. His posts are positive, interesting, and fun to read!
Now… Here’s the pie…
Kentucky Derby Pie
- 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup broken pecans OR walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the sugars and melted butter with an electric mixer. Add the vanilla, eggs and flour and then mix very well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans and then pour them into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes an then cool the pie completely prior to serving (cooling takes a few hours).
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! As always, thank-you for stopping by and reading this post! I would enjoy hearing from you so please comment below.