This cooking style for vegetables is very popular here in Romania, and since Olive Garden had a similar recipe with 🍆 eggplant, I believe that it may also be popular throughout Europe as well.
This colored zucchini is a bit blander, and it resembles the taste of squash. The darker green zucchini is skinnier and it has a stronger taste. Although I have never tried this recipe with the darker zucchini, I am sure that it is possible.
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1. Peel and cut the zucchini into semi-thin rounds.
- 2. Wash them and then place them into a large bowl with 2 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix it all together in the bowl ensuring that each price of zucchini is well coated with the egg and seasoning.
- 3. Heat up olive oil in a sauté pan and then begin dipping the coated zucchini into the flour and then place them into the pan.
4. Cook the zucchini rounds on a low heat approximately 2 minutes on each side. Then, after the initial flip, continue to flip them often to avoid burning.
5. Remove from heat and place on a plate with a paper towel. After cooling re-plate them for a better appearance, arranging them the way that they look best, and then top with a parsley sprig.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know what you think.