Here we are , smack-dab in the middle of summer, a time when summer salads are on everyone’s radar. There are so many kinds, color variations, and tastes that can satisfy anyone’s palate. My favorite, the one that I call “The Best Summer Salad” is the Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Salad. Now, let me show you why…
- It is actually healthy!
- It tastes really good!
- It has robust smells & flavors.
- Red Bell Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash the red peppers and tomatoes.
- Use olive oil to coat the baking pan and the veggies after they have been washed.
- Place in the oven, without a cover, for 30 minutes on 350F (approximately 175C).
- Once soft and darkened, pull the veggies out of the oven and let them cool down completely at room temperature.
- Once cool give them a quick rinse.
- Peel off all of the skin, tops, bottoms, and removed the seeds. For the tomatoes… don’t worry about the seeds!
- Rinse the veggies again after removing the skins and such.
- Cut the veggies any way you like and then place them in a big bowl.
- Add minced garlic to the veggies.
- Special note- When peeling, I start with the end of the pepper when I remove the skin; once you’ve broken the tip the rest of the skin comes off easier. The top pretty much then falls off and the seeds come out on the second rinse.
- I cut my peppers into slivers like you see here, but I have seen many other cut sizes and variations for this salad. I smash the tomatoes.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper till it reaches the taste of your choice.
- For appearance you can simply place a parsley sprig on top and serve this in a pretty serving bowl (not this pink one…lol!) OR… you can chop some fresh parsley and sprinkle it on top, which will also look nice, while giving this salad a different BUT equally good taste.
I do hope that you enjoy my favorite summer salad. In case you like it as much as me; please be aware that this can also be enjoyed in the winter time, by freezing the roasted veggies after cooking, cleaning, and peeling them.
I hope that you are having a great week and I look forward to hearing from you!