How do you get a Floridian to jog in the snow?
Having a dog is a sure-fire way to increase your snow travels, even if you come from a place that has never had snow on its forecast. On this past winter’s coldest days here in Romania, I have my dog to thank for getting me out and about. Yes, my toes were numb, but that didn’t matter because we were having fun!
My dog does so much for me personally:
- He gets me to jog on the days that I am not feeling up for the challenge.
- He gets me to play with him all the time which actually helps me with my patience.
- He is there to keep me company when others have to be gone from home.
I hope that you find this video as useful as I did. This video reassured me of the following benefits of having a dog while living with Multiple Sclerosis:
- Lowers depression, anxiety, stress, and blood pressure
- Potential therapy because of the special role(s) they fill
- Confidence and protection are increased
- Keeps you fit because you remain super active!
- Adds purpose and meaning to your day
- Creates structure because of their reliance on you
- Encourages outside time and play
- Gives you an exuberant friend… they help combat loneliness
Do you have a dog? How has your dog helped you? I would enjoy reading what your dog does for you so please share your stories below.
Thank you for stopping by and reading this post. If you have been here before… welcome back! If you are a first-timer who enjoyed this please subscribe so that we can share stories of hope and motivation!