As promised last Wednesday, here is something sweet and simple!
Let me start by saying that this is not like the one in the States. This recipe calls for sugar which makes this a dessert dish.
Pasta Cooking Directions:
- Once a pot of water is already boiling, add in 1 pound of small-shaped pasta.
- Cook till the pasta until it is completely soft, stirring occasionally while cooking.
- Dump the boiling water in the sink and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Add 1 table spoon of oil to the cooked pasta and stir it well.
- Then, set the pasta to the side till the sauce is ready.
- Using a fork, mix 6 table spoons of melted butter, 4 table spoons of cream cheese, and 6 table spoons of sugar.
- Add in two eggs mixing it all well together with a fork.
- Add 1 cup of milk and keep stirring till all the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the cooked pasta into a greased baking pan and top with the sauce mixture.
- Add in 80% of an 8oz bag of shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, or another one that you enjoy) and 2 table spoons of Parmesan cheese. Mix the pasta, sauce, and cheeses all together.
- Sprinkle the remaining 20% of the shredded cheese on top and then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar all across the mixture.
- Bake at 350 F / 175 C for thirty minutes.
* Special note: I usually have this baking while we are eating dinner. This way, you can enjoy a a hot and sweet dessert after your meal.
Have you ever tried this before? If you have… was it the sweet or salty version like the one in the States?
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. As always, I would enjoy hearing from you, so please do not be shy. If you are new please join us every Wednesday for a new recipe.
Hope you all enjoy!