Since I want to become a better writer, I must first be honest with myself. Although I post regularly on this blog, I know that doing just that does not make me a good writer.
I have previously posted my drawings, crochet, and other things that I love. Now it is time to talk about something else that I enjoy doing, something that I am sure most of you enjoy as well. After all, that is why we are all here isn’t it?
I am NOT a writing instructor by any means. On the contrary, I happen to be following plenty of writers who are way better than myself. Some of those great writers have followed me back (yippee!), so if you are one of them please know that this post is for my development and any others out there who may be looking for a little motivation.
7 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer:
- The first step in making a change is having the desire to do so.
- Research and discovery come next.
- Then, set goals for future posts and/or writing on the side.
- Get feedback whenever possible because “Feedback is your Friend!” This is best done if skills of connecting with others is up to par.
- Never give up! Find new topics (even if they are “off topic” for you) so that you can practice more.
- Find other inspiring writers to follow. Their style is something to learn from.
- Read books, watch videos and keep growing.
I also consulted our great friend Google prior to writing this post and here is what I found…
Thank-you Brian Clark for this great guide!
YouTube is another great source. When wanting a little inspiration, why not look for what makes you smile?! 😉 This video clip is from one of my favorite movies “Under The Tuscan Sun”… I just love how she was faced with “the short end of the stick” but she ended up turning it all around and coming out better for it in the end. This is my type of movie! Anyways, she was a writer and this clip gives us a nice glimpse of creative writing.
Do you ever feel like Rodney when he says “How do I even begin to describe all of this?” Well, I sure do! These tips are what help me and I hope that they help you too.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post today, I really appreciate it! If you’ve been here before I am happy that you returned! If you are new to my site, and like what you’ve seen, please keep in touch by subscribing.
I hope that you all have a lovely day and an amazing weekend!