There are so many ways to make this scrumptious dessert!
So long as you have the apples… Cake crust, pie crust or flaky crust help make a few. Which is why there are multiple names to call this; Apple Cake, Apple Pie, Apple Struddle and more!
You can either bake or sauté the apples right? Cinnamon, butter, and sugar are pretty universal in making this I believe. 🙂
Then, finally, you can either have the apples on top or bottom of the crust OR just mix it all together. The first picture shows when I made this in an upside-down method which cooks the apples in the bottom but then they get flipped after cooking and then served with the apples on the top. The second picture shows when I mixed the sweetened-baked apples into the batter prior to the final baking step. This is my preferred method because of the taste! 😬😁😋
I want to share with you my favorite version so here we go…
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 2-cups of sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cups (16 oz) sour cream
1. Bake 5 large peeled and cut apples for 5 minutes in a pan with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. I use 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon for this part.
2. For the batter- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Then, add the flour alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep the batter smooth.
3. For my favorite version – Take the apples out and mix them with the batter.
4. Place the entire mix back into the oven and bake at 350° for 30 -35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
I am curious what ways you all enjoy this fabulous dessert, so please do share them below!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe any way you like it! I sure do!
I also hope you all are having a great week.