- 2 lb of ground meat (The Romanian style is usually made with 1 lb of pork & 1 lb beef… but you can simply use 2 lbs of one or the other and still be just fine. OR… you can use ground chicken and be fine too because I have used that before and found it to be very enjoyable as well).
- 2 small or 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 2 potatoes grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 pieces of wet bread
- 1 tbsp of salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients listed above. *The bread should be soaked in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Squeeze dry the bread as best as possible, then mince the bread into crumbles and add it into this mix.
- Have a separate bowl of plain water for spoon/hand rinsing purposes ready.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop even proportions of the meat mixture into ball shapes. Pat each one down slightly into a patty form prior to placing them in the frying pan.
- The oil level in the frying pan should be high enough to reach the center of the meat patties. Cook the patties on one side till golden brown, turn to cook the opposite side. Then, keep turning to avoid burning till a fork can be inserted easily.
- Be sure to rinse your hands in the water bowl after placing each patty into the pan so that your hands do not get sticky.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. As always, I do look forward to hearing from you! Please let me know if this is a recipe that you have tried already? Do you like it?
If you are new here, please subscribe to join us each Wednesday for a new recipe.