Hello everyone. I hope that you enjoy this short and tasty version of Food Talk Wednesday. Here in Romania I see a wide variety of desserts with cheese at all sorts of places so I wanted to share the one that I made at home with you all today. I hope that you enjoy it too!
- Pastry dough sheets
- 1 pound of farmer / goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 200 g ( 1 cup ) of sugar
- 115 g ( ½ cup) of butter
- Mix the eggs, milk and sugar together with a fork
- Add in the cheese mixing it with a spatula
- Melt the butter separately and then mix it in with a spatula
- Preheat oven to 177 C / 350 F
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper
- Layer the dough sheets with sheet, mixture, sheet, mixture till supplies are gone
- Wisk 2 additional egg yolks in a separate bowl and cover the top with it
- Bake this for 30 minutes
*For the topping I used powdered sugar and a little blue berry jelly but you can pretty much use whatever you think looks pretty.
As always, I do enjoy hearing from you, so please do let me know what you think.
Have you had this before? Is it something that you make at home too?
If you are new here and like what you have seen please join us on Wednedays for Food Talk.