Sauteed chicken breast and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce is very tasty and it is also very easy to make.
The first thing is the seasoning, like I have mentioned in other posts, be sure to season the meat the night prior so that it has plenty of flavor. I use minced chicken flavoring and a little water to marinate this.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over a medium flame.
- Add the seasoned chicken and let it cook till it is browning on one side.
- Turn the chicken over and add the peeled/cleaned/sliced mushrooms into the pan.
- Flip the chicken a few times thereafter to avoid burning.
- When the meat and mushrooms are nearly done, add 4 tablespoons of sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- To complete, add freshly chopped dill when you turn off the stove.
** This pairs really well with creamy mashed potatoes and a nice garden salad.
Told you that this one was quick and simple. I hope that you enjoy it.
Please let me know what you think. It does resemble the Chicken Marsala from the Olive Garden so I am curious if you have eaten that dish before? As always, I am happy to hear form you so please do not be shy. New comers… Welcome. If you like to talk about food you can join us every Wednesday to do just that! 🙂