This image comes from Terry Wahls MD. She was diagnosed with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis in 2000.
How do you eat your cabbage?
Here is a Romanian Recipe for sauteed cabbage that I learned from my mother-in-law. It is one of our family favorites so I do hope that you get to enjoy it as well.
- 1 Medium sized onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Can of Sour Kraut
- 1 Cabbage Head
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Large Tomato
- Fresh Dill
- Finely chop and sauté the onion with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add thyme and bay leaves.
- Add a big can of “dried” sour kraut (Squeeze out the juice).
- Cut the cabbage head into tiny pieces, salt it, squeeze it and then add it in.
- Add water as needed.
- Add large pieces of freshly cut red pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Add the finely chopped dill after turning off the stove.
Have you tried this before? Was it exactly the same, or do you have something different that you add in? Some people add smoked meat to this for extra flavoring.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. It is one of the healthier ones, and the taste is great, so it is definitely worth a try!
Thank you all for stopping by. As always, I look forward to hearing from you! If you are new and like what you’ve seen, please join us on Wednesdays for “Food Talk”… Thank you!